- About 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime
- Although much less common, breast cancer can also develop in men
0 (In-situ Disease)
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP)
Clinical Trial Comparing Trastuzumab given concurrently with radiation therapy and radiation therapy alone for women with HER-2 positive ductal carcinoma in-situ resected by lumpectomy.
To determine the value or trastuzumab given during radiation therapy compared to radiation therapy alone in preventing the subsequent occurrence of ipsilateral breast cancer recurrence, ipsilateral skin cancer recurrence, or ipsilateral DCIS.
1. HER-2 positive disease by central testing
2. Disease removed by lumpectomy
3. No invasive breast cancer
4. Good performance status
Robert and Carol Weissman Cancer Center
Clinical Research Program
501 E. Osceola St.
Stuart, FL 34994
772-288-5858, prompt #4
Online Contact Form