Shingle: (source: shinglesinfo.com
- If you have ever had Chicken Pox, you can develop Shingles at any time
- If you have a weakened immune system it is more difficult to be protected from Shingles
Diagnosed with either a solid tumor malignancy (STM) or hematologic malignancy (HM), any stage
Merck & Co., Inc.
A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Clinical Trial to Study the Safety and Efficacy of V212 in Adult Patients with Solid Tumor or Hematologic Malignancy
The purpose of this study is to test the safety and tolerability of a research study vaccine for the prevention of shingles in patients with solid tumor malignancy or hematologic malignancy; to compare the effectiveness of the research study vaccine in preventing shingles; and to see how well the study vaccine works in patients with weakened immune systems (decreased ability to fight infection), to prevent shingles.
- >/= 18 yrs and receiving chemotherapy for STM or HM; OR >/= 50 yrs, have HM, not in remission, regardless of treatment status; AND Not receiving Rituximab currently or within the previous 3 mos., or expected to receive it after vaccination
- Have never received any varicella or shingles vaccines
- Have not experienced shingles within the last year
- Deemed eligible by Investigator
Robert and Carol Weissman Cancer Center
Clinical Research Program
501 E. Osceola St.
Stuart, FL 34994
772-288-5858, prompt #4
Online Contact Form